Friday, March 5, 2010

Update: Long Overdue

I apologize for not keeping up with my blog here (this semester has been brutal). In Decemeber, when programs were to open up, my recruiter could not find a program for me. She said I should try and get more things put on to my application and wait until March when more programs open up. I decided against trying to qualify for another program and to wait it out until March. Well, it's March now. I got an update last weekend in my email so I checked out the main Peace Corps site. My application on there was finally fully up-to-date. After that I emailed my recruiter to remind her that I was still interested in a program. I got an email response saying she was out of the office and would respond back to emails by March 12th. Needless to say I was a bit saddened by that. However, almost immediately following that my recruiter emailed me saying that she'll try and find a program for me and that she'll be in contact with me over the next few weeks. I went to my second class today and checked my email (this is a normal thing). I had another update email. So I checked the main site again and it said that I was nominated for a program!!! I was/still am super excited and super happy to have read that! However, my recruiter is still out of the office for the week so I don't know where I could possibly be going yet. Haha. Kind of funny. Patience is key here. I'll just wait it out until my recruiter contacts me, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment